Monday, December 27, 2010

Ipod running

Today I did my first treadmill run with my new Ipod - it made it better, almost tolerable, but still not great. My listened to the part of the first act of the musical Rent, and the storytelling aspect of listening to a musical was nice. I did two miles in 23:01. Why I am so slow on the 'mill? I then did lunges, squats, and lifted biceps and triceps, followed by ten minutes of abs and stretching.
Here's my workout plan for the rest of the week:
T: 45 minute run
W: Hot Power Yoga
R: 3 miles run
F: Lift
S: Running group fun run and party - 2-4 miles
S: 70 minute run

I use both time and miles for runs, depending on what the goal is. Typically, I only use distance for runs with other people or for speedwork, and use time for anything by myself.

I have two Dick's Sporting Goods gift cards to use this week! I'm in need of a shell-type jacket as well as hand-held or belt water bottle. (recommendations on either of those?)

I weighed myself today to assess the holiday damage since I've avoided the scale since Thanksgiving. I have guarded my weight like a sacred secret my whole life. But in the sake of honesty, of losing the "ashamedness" and celebrating what my body can do, and in a way to kick start my lean-and-toned goals for 2011, I'm going to share that number with you. Don't judge. 183.

That feels damn good. Do you share your number?

3 comments:

  1. I don't even want to know what my holiday damage is. Let's just say I ate enough for about 2342 people. eck.
    No judgement here! the last time I stepped on the scale I was at 159...coming down from 192 about a year and a half ago. Woohoo! I'm trying this new thing where I don't weight myself, I go more off of how I feel about myself. : )
    Good job on your run today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries on that holiday damage! It's behind you now. Enjoy what the new year has in store for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a new ipod. I love Dick's Sporting Goods and a gift card...even better! Looks like a great week of workouts!

    ReplyDelete