Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The journey begins!

Welcome to See Savannah Marathon, a blog to chronicle my trials and training as I complete my transformation from couch potato to marathoner. I began casually running in September 2009, completing 3 5ks that year. I got "serious" about running in June, and have since upped my weekly mileage, lowered my 5k PR by almost 2 minutes (33:34), and completed a half marathon in under 3 hours. I am not fast and am not athletic, but running brings me a sense of self-accomplishment I have never found in any other activities.

Recovering from serious shin splints and a myriad of other running issues, I was forced to seriously lower my weekly running distance, and then realized how much I truly love running and racing, and have decided that I want to complete an ultimate challenge: a full marathon.

Official training begins Dec. 13. Thanks for joining me.

No comments:

Post a Comment