Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Last day of work!

Until Sunday. But three days off is better than nothing! I am carless more or less (Mine is technically driveable but looks like sh*t, so I won't go anywhere in it, in case some one would see me and think Hey, that's Savannah, she works for giant fabulous car manufacturer and her car sucks. I shouldn't buy new cars from giant fabulous car manufacturer because I would wreck it too. Let me buy another foreign car that isn't wrecked. Sorry for the craziness, car people think this way) until I drop off my car and get a rental tomorrow, so I replaced the planned trip to yoga with a trip to the Y with the husband. The Y has a new seated elliptical like this:
I like it. Much harder to do that it looks, and made the back of my legs scream after thirty minutes. And the arms swing, so if you don't sit up straight, you can hit yourself in the ears.
I then lifted weights and stretched, and went for Mexican food with the husband.
Hopefully I'll get both yoga and a run in tomorrow.

What's your favorite piece of cross training equipment?

4 comments:

  1. wow, thats an interesting piece of device. Is it fun? Or jus awkard? Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of awkward, but fun. I had to try it just because it looked so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen one of those before!! I really like the step mill for cross training. I also LOVE group fitness classes...especially step aerobics! I know that's not a piece of equipment, but since it requires a step, I count it :) LOL!

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com
    (36 year old fulltime RVer living la vida loca with a cute-butt husband and a stink-butt dog!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love elliptical machines. At my current weight it is much easier on my joints than a lot of other things. I am planning to work them in a few times a week when I start my new plan tomorrow so I dont end up injured. Ive never used one like that though.

    Sara-

    ReplyDelete