Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snowy running

I met up with my running group at 6 last night. My legs felt better from several 2-minute yoga breaks throughout my day yesterday, and the orthotics are finally not feeling awful. We had about 2 inches of snow to run through, and it was around 15 degrees. I ran past this gorgeous sight:


The run felt good! Nothing hurt for the first time in a long time. We did 3 miles in 32 minutes, fairly quick for me. My shins were a little sore afterwards, but icing and stretching made a huge difference.

I am always amazed at group runs and races by the varying amount of "stuff" people take with them on runs. I am super warm natured, especially if running, so last night I had on a short sleeve tech shirt, a zip-front tech pullover, nike cold weather pants, socks, running shoes, calf sleeve, sports bra,  and watch. There were people last night carrying and wearing lots more - from wool hats and scraves, to multiple pairs of pants, to headlamps. I'm not sure I could stand the extra weight! At most, I'll add gloves and a hat to this ensemble.

What do run with in cold weather? Why?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Great work on the run. Glad to hear your legs felt better. Have you ever heard of the Daily Mile? If not, check it out!
    http://www.dailymile.com/

    I'm new to it, but love the way I can see my runs graphed and the support I get from other runners.

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com
    (36 year old fulltime RVer living la vida loca with a cute-butt husband and a stink-butt dog!)

    ReplyDelete