Monday, February 21, 2011

Updates and an Overshare

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I still feel a little funny, but overall think I'm through with this stomach flu issue. Friday night, husband and I went to the Y, and I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 20 on the stationary bike. Saturday, husband worked and I was off, so I had the whole day to clean out my closet, run errands, and start to pack for Disney. I was able to get rid of three large garbage bags full of clothes and shoes, donated to a charity that my brother in law runs through his church.

I also got in my last long run before Princess - an easy-paced 2 hour run. I ended up on a course that was super hilly, and probably walked more than I would have liked, but the weather was gorgeous and overall the run wasn't bad.

Yesterday I went to church with my mom, made some muffins, and went to work at 2:00.

Okay, time for the overshare.WARNING: foot-related. May want to skip if grossed out by feet.
 On Thursday night I noticed a little itchy place in between my two middle toes on my left foot. Didn't really think anything about it. By Friday afternoon, there was a big red place and an itch that was horrible. I covered it in cortizone cream, and it went away. But Saturday night, I woke in the middle of the night with an itchy burning sensation that kept me away for 4 hours. Now, its less itchy, more buring, and has several raised white "blisters" in the red spot between the toes. I bought some "Zeabsorb" foot powder from a reccommendation by the husband, who has all sorts of foot issues. This is making me crazy - and only 6 days before the race! My best guess is that it's athlete's foot or some related issue. Any treatment suggestions? I've really stepped up the wash-and-dry-and-put-on-clean-socks routine in the past two days. What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. Yikes - unfortunately, i don't have any guesses as to how to cure it, but hopefully it goes away on its own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I don't have any advice, I'm sorry! That sounds miserable! Hope it heals up fast!!

    ReplyDelete