- I did speedwork, at least weekly, for the first time ever. My 1 mile best is down almost a minute from October
- I avoided injury, minus itchy-foot thing, which isn't really an injury
- I found long run fueling that I feel confident about
- I missed a long run due to last week's stomach flu
- I didn't get as many long-long runs as I wanted. My longest has been around 2:20 in time
- I cross trained alot. Strength training, Zumba, ellipitical, core work, and yoga. I know I am in better shape overall than I ever have been: my aerobic ability and my core strength are way better than they were in December. What I don't know: if running only (like I did last time) or this mix will make me a better half marathon. I do know it keeps me from being achy (and getting hurt) and that in itself makes it worthwhile
My first half I completed in 2:56:54. My second, on trails, took 3:15. This goal: 2:50. Six minutes faster, which I know is a *ton* of time in the running world.
We fly out at 7 in the morning - wish me luck!