Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Meatless Monday and Status Photos

Last night, I did 30 minutes on stair machine and lifted weights. Then went home and made this for dinner for myself and the husband:

That, friends, is a black bean burger, a new recipe for me. For 2011, I have given the husband no choice we have decided to go meatless on Mondays. I was a veg for most of college, so for me this is easy, and a good way to get more variety into our diet. I pared the burger (easiest thing to make ever:  mix one can of black beans, drained, two TBS panko bread crumbs, cumin, salt, and hot sauce. Mash with potato masher. Shape into patties, cook for 10-ish minutes in pan sprayed with cooking spray) with some swiss, a sandwich thin, some steak sauce, and sweet potato fries. Super good dinner.

Inspired by the fabulous Sara at the Running in Pink Project, I'm going to post some "starting out" progress photos, with the goal of updating them monthly. I'm a little embarrased by these, so please be kind. Fyi, my hair is all clipped back in front - it's really cute when done! Ok enough insecurity.  Here's how I'm beginning 2011.



Here's me in Oct 2009, right after I started running:
Granted, that outfit is way more flattering than the shorty-shorts and tank. I'm about 195 here.
How do you track your progress?

3 comments:

  1. Good idea on the progress pics! I think i will do that too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go posting those pics! I think that's a great way to check for progress. I also thing going by how your clothes feel (I know, so cliche!) really works. I found myself getting too number obsessed when I used the scale and bodyfat monitor. I was tired of letting that number determine my worth. So this year, I'm going without!

    I think you're beautiful even in your shorty shorts and tank :)

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I love black beans and your burger looks delish! Awesome job on posting progress pictures... that is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete