Monday, March 7, 2011

Racing Plans!

*The  Disney recaps will resume tomorrow

I registered for 2 races today: The Magnificent 7k, put on by the local running group, and Geist Half Marathon in May!
I had wanted Geist to be my first half, last May, but wasn't close to ready for it. Now I know I'm ready, and super-excited! Any of you ladies want to come to Indiana for the weekend and run with me? The course is slightly hilly, by a gorgeous lake, and is supposedly really well organized.

I also plan on running a small local half the first week of May. I'm not going to stress about any specific schedule for these races, except the length of my long runs and making sure I do some speedwork each week.  My long run plan:

Week of:Long Runs
Race
7-Mar
2:00

14-Mar
1:30
7k
21-Mar
2:10

28-Mar
2:15

4-Apr
2:20

11-Apr
1:30
5k
18-Apr
2:30

25-Apr
1:30

2-May
                   13.1
9-May
1:00

16-May
1:30

23-May
13.1


Do you do long runs by distance or by time? I really prefer time, but not sure how that will work for marathon training in the fall! I ran for an hour today, and except for a slightly grumpy IT band, everything felt good. Hoping to get some weight lifting in tomorrow.

What are you racing this spring? Have room for Geist on your schedule?

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for races!!
    I usually do my long runs on distance since its easier for me to plan that way. Happy training!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy the post race "what to do next"" excitement! looks like you have a great plan worked out.
    I do my long runs by distance not that I have become more comfortable with them. I started off (per your suggestion!) doing them by time though- and I think that both ways are excellent.

    ReplyDelete