Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 2: Cardio Kickboxing

I'm planning on running 4 days a week during marathon training (which seems to be the max I can do with out getting hurt), and on filling my off days with crosstraining. The summer semester of exercise classes started at the local Y this week, and I decided to get a flex pass, which will let me try as many classes as I like between now and August.

After some upbody weight lifting and a short run/walk, I heading to cardio kickboxing, a class I was super excited about. How hardcore does the name sound? I was ready to be an exhausted, sweaty mess. However, only two other women came into class, and one of them was a 1st-timer like me. Before the class started, the instructor told us her "style of kickboxing was turbojam, or dance boxing" . . uh oh. If I want to dance, I'd have gone to Zumba. The hour long class had lots of lunges and booty shaking, but very little kicking or boxing, and intensity level was pretty low. Overall, underwhelming, and not a class I'll be back in.

Happy National Running Day today - how are you celebrating?

Also - DVC is Disney Vacation Club, a disney-owned timeshare program.

No comments:

Post a Comment